Drupal Designer or Dev Firm - The LSNTP.org
The Legal Services National Technology Project seeks to contract with a Drupal designer or design team to design a standard front page template and one to three more topic specific pages for LSNTAP.org that can become part of the DLAW Template (a well-established Drupal distribution for websites in the legal aid community) with the goal of improving usability on the website.
Deliverables: Discovery, visual design, and implementation of a Drupal Template compatible with DLAW that improves User Experience at LSNTAP.org.
- Applications must be submitted by November 16th, 2018 (Extended to November 30th)
- Selection will be made by December 7, 2018
- Applicants must be prepared to start immediately upon selection
- Project Completion no later than June 15, 2019
Budget: Up to $25,000
Contact: Sart Rowe LSNTAP Coordinator, Sart.Rowe@NWJustice.org
Northwest Justice Project 401 Second Ave
Seattle, WA 98104
The Legal Services National Technology Project (LSNTAP) is dedicated to helping nonprofit legal aid programs improve client services through innovative use of technology.
LSNTAP has been around for 15 years providing technical help and free trainings to the legal Aid community. We have a small agile team of two employees supported by legal interns, fellows, volunteers and a host of contractors. The LSNTAP.org website is the knowledge repository of past trainings and articles design to help legal services professions of all levels and tech backgrounds learn about current technology. LSNTAP is housed in Seattle Washington as part of the non-profit Northwest Justice Project.
Our current web site is built on the DLAW template a Drupal 7 template maintained by Urban Insight. It is our goal with an updated user experience and design to refine our web offerings to make things simpler and easier use and more aesthetically appealing to new users.
Using the existing website, we want to:
- Make it easier to highlight successful technology projects
- Share past trainings
- Promote future webinars
- Prominently feature guides and tool kits created by the community
The new website design must make it easy for a new user to quickly join the community and start researching the available resources.
Functions to be added to the new site:
- Featured tool kit
- Featured upcoming training
- Most popular new video
- Email List join feature
- Email me this article
- Prominent Contact for Help Desk
Additionally, we seek a small collection of visual collateral pieces that our team can use to support our ongoing marketing and outreach – for both new and existing legal aid initiatives -- as well as a new logo for the website and project.
Modern legal services websites have a more visual aesthetic and have UX features that make it easier to find key content from the front page. The following website embrace these ideas. LSNTAP needs to be on par with these industry leaders:
- ·The Access to Justice Lab – at Harvard Law School http://a2jlab.org/
- ·Illinois Legal Aid Online - https://www.illinoislegalaid.org/
- ·Self-representative Litigations network https://www.srln.org/
- ·ABA Center for Innovations http://abacenterforinnovation.org/
If additional questions are required outside of this RFP please email Sart Rowe Program Coordinator Sart.Rowe@NWJustice.org - to setup a day/time to discuss.
Preferred Method of Contact
Currently we prefer to communicate via email. As the proposal process progresses we’ll make ourselves available for phone calls and possible in person meetings.
Proposal Requirements, Deadline and Mode of Delivery
All responses to this RFP must be no more than 8 pages and must be received by LSNTAP no later than 2:00 PM on November 16th 2018. Please email responses (in Word or PDF format) to:
Responses should address the elements mentioned in the sections below. Additionally, each proposal should include two references (with phone number, email, and description of the engagement) and links to a few websites the candidate has designed over the past four years.
Timelines & Milestones
Proposals must include a project outline & timeline
Sample Project Outline:
- Discovery Period - Initial Meetings & Planning – [date]
- Wireframes & Design – [date]
- Development – [date]
- User Testing – [date]
- Review by LSNTAP– [date]
- Beta Go-Live Date – [date]
- Testing with the LSNTAP Community – [date]
- Implement Changes – [date]
- Final Go-Live Date – [date]
Criteria for Selection
Making a final decision and in the selection of a web development firm for this project:
- Technical Proficiency – Ability to understand all of the components involved and make recommendations and in implement solutions.
- Communication – Weekly updates and quarterly short written reports will be needed through the project. LSNTAP will be available for calls as need to keep the project on track and moving forward on time.
- Customer Service – an ongoing healthy relationships with a number of existing clients and past clients is essential.
- Experience – Additional relevant experience related to this project specifically, our goals, or the legal services industry are all helpful.