Technical Project Manager - Pro Bono Net - New York
Pro Bono Net seeks a highly qualified candidate to fill the role of Technical Project Manager. In this role, based in NY, we will rely on you to manage the work of Pro Bono Net?s technology team on a growing portfolio of current and new initiatives, and coordinate project road maps, work schedules and resource allocation. You will also facilitate requirements-gathering, scoping and tracking for new tech projects, and work closely with other PBN tech and program staff to enable an informed approach to tech project priority-setting and resource management.
- Track, monitor and communicate the progress of multiple PBN tech projects, including budget, deadlines and milestones.
- Proactively manage schedule and scope changes, identify potential risks, forecast completion dates, and create contingency plan.
- Communicate with Tech Director and PBN program staff to enable an informed prioritization of projects and highlight potential issues and conflicts.
- Coordinate planning of annual development road maps and ongoing project schedules.
- Identify product requirements for current and future initiatives through client-side requirements gathering and by conducting market research in conjunction with field partners, program staff and Technology Director.
- Assist with and facilitate the design of new systems.
- Assist with estimating efforts for budgeting purposes.
- Prepare contracts and scope of work agreements with technical subcontractors and designers.
- Work with Tech Director to prepare required project reports for funders and other stakeholders.
- Identify and drive activities to update and grow tech team skills to prepare it for future opportunities and challenges.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years Project Management experience in a technical environment.
- 4+ years technical Business Analysis experience.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work on and track multiple projects simultaneously, managing project timelines and setting expectations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated experience motivating teams and driving ownership.
- Ability to lead a technical team, seek support and supervision when needed. Experience coordinating remote teams a plus.
- Knowledge of application development life cycle; both waterfall and agile approaches (Scrum, Jira).
- Familiarity with common Web development technologies and tools.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in identifying solutions to client needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high enthusiasm and consistent follow-through including driving consensus across various stakeholders.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, including summarizing complex technical discussions into plain language write ups for non-technical persons.
Please email resume, 2-3 professional references, and cover letter to email@example.com with Technical Project Manager in the subject heading. No calls or faxes please.