Director of Information & Technology - Ron Olson Justice Center LA
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of LAFLA’s information technology systems and telecommunication systems. Additionally, the Director of IT administers and serves as the primary point person for the support of LAFLA’s client case management application system. The Director of IT is also responsible for working closely with management and legal staff to determine and assess their needs.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or Computer Science;
- Previous experience working in a law firm;
- At least seven years of progressively increasing responsibilities including project management, managing technical support providers/outside support vendors and organizational planning for technology solutions;
- Microsoft systems administration certifications;
- Demonstrated expertise with Windows Server, Exchange and MSSQL, including demonstrated knowledge of Windows security;
- Knowledge of high availability, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery for database and application servers;
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of working on legal case management application (e.g. ProLaw);
- Ability to work in partnership with the legal team and the administrative team to find creative technical solutions to problems, as well as for the overall advancement of the program and the delivery of services;
- Hands-on, results-oriented problem solver with excellent time management skills;
- Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures;
- Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all interested parties;
- Ability to comprehend complex technical and specialized information and communicate information to end users;
- Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations;
- Hands-on, team-oriented attitude with sound judgment and analytical skills; and
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Examples of Duties
- Meet the compliance requirements of LAFLA’s funding sources;
- Coordinate with management and legal staff in the maintenance and provisions of statistics required by LAFLA’s funding sources;
- Ensure the proper functioning of all technology systems and manage troubleshooting as needed;
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures for the use of technology in the delivery of legal services through collaboration with other members of the leadership team;
- Develop, recommend and implement standards for equipment and software acquisition, installation and use;
- Assess and implement network and system design solutions in order to eliminate downtime for the organization;
- Oversee maintenance of telecommunication network, IT infrastructure, and internet connectivity;
- Develop, recommend and administer the annual budget for technology;
- Develop and implement solutions for program-wide technology training;
- Negotiate and administer contracts for equipment, software, training and other technology related matters;
- Supervises IT staff and manage IT consultants;
- Communicate the technology vision of LAFLA to staff and others;
- Collaborate with other legal services providers;
- Keep up-to-date on the trends and advances in the utilization of technology in the provision of legal services;
- Supervise the provision of local office desktop support and network administration in local offices;
- Chair LAFLA’s Technology Committee; and
- Perform other related duties and projects as required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume online to email@example.com. Include “Director of IT” in the subject line.
Probationary Period: A one-year probationary period will be required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, marital or registered domestic partners status, or any other legally protected status.