Development & Communications Intern (New York Office)
About Pro Bono Net
Every year, millions of low-income people in this country face serious legal problems without access to representation. Pro Bono Net is a national nonprofit organization that develops innovative technology solutions and builds collaborations that transform the way legal help reaches the poor. Our comprehensive programs empower the public with information and self-help tools to improve their lives, equip advocates with the resources to make a stronger impact and mobilize volunteers to expand help available.
Pro Bono Net is seeking an energetic intern to join the Development team! This internship is perfect for those interested in communications and development, including fundraising, social media, marketing, and public relations in the nonprofit space. The position will report to the Development Associate. The internship is unpaid and requires a minimum of 10 hours a week Monday-Friday. It will be based at our New York City headquarters.
The Development & Communications Intern primarily assists the Development Associate in the daily management of the Development department including, but not limited to, the following:
- Contribute to materials including proposals, reports, newsletters, blogging, and donor correspondence
- Track and maintain campaign, grant and communications calendars
- Assist with fundraising campaign management
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
- Assist with event organization and planning
- Provide support in sending mailings and invitations
- Assist the Development Associate with maintaining Donor Database
- Support social media efforts and tracking
Each internship position will also have its share of "busy" work including envelope stuffing and administrative duties such as file maintenance and data entry.
Requirements and Qualifications
The position is only available to current (or recent) college students. Preference is given to those with a concentration in nonprofit management, communications, marketing or a related subject (both graduate and undergraduates welcome)
- Computer skills (MS Office) and ability to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks effortlessly
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- A sense of humor!
Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising, preferred
Previous experience with Databases preferred
How to apply
We accept applications on a rolling basis for Summer, Fall and Spring internships. We also accept applications for longer term internships (up to two consecutive semesters).
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Deadline for Fall 2017: August 18
Deadline for Spring 2018: October 31
To apply, email resume and a brief cover letter that includes your days and weeks of availability as attachments to Jacquelyn Gitzes, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Development & Communications Intern [insert preferred semester(s)]. Only one application is permitted (any who wish to be considered for multiple semester options please indicate in your cover letter). No calls please. Only those offered interviews will be contacted.
All inquiries should be directed to:
Jacquelyn (Jax) Gitzes
151 West 30th St., 6th floor, New York, NY 10001