Web Content Manager - LSC
Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 132 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.
Basic Function: Under the general direction of the Director of Communications and Media Relations, the Web Content Manager is responsible for managing website content and developing the standards for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. The Web Content Manager will work with a cross-functional team on the planning, design, and deployment of website content and needs assessments. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Director of Communications and Media Relations, OIT Web Designer/Developer, and other staff on website content, maintenance, and design; reviews website daily and ensures content is current; recommends changes as necessary; helps coordinate website redesign.
- Participates on cross-functional team charged with defining and outlining strategic direction for form and substance of content. Helps develop high-quality content for LSC Updates, Tech Download, and social media messaging campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Develops processes and protocols to govern all components and stages of web content creation.
- Coordinates web projects across departments, working closely with department liaisons. Maintains GRPA areas of website and social media accounts. Develops new functionality, e.g., data base of client success stories. Manages production and distribution of LSC Updates.
- Establishes branding and style guidelines for website and creates and maintains style guide.
- Reviews proposed content and recommends any changes necessary to maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web pages.
- Copyedits and proofreads all web content to ensure consistency in messaging and voice.
- Keeps current with emerging web technologies and best practices through relevant blogs, listservs, and events and shares new ideas and approaches.
- Coordinates with Multimedia Manager to help design web versions of LSC publications and interactive components.
- Designs web graphics.
- Ensures that content is written in plain language.
- Ensures that web-based information is archived in a systematic way for future needs and reference.
- Works with LSC’s Web Designer/Developer to track all website metrics.
- Monitors website activity; explores ways to increase traffic to the website and discusses proposed new approaches with relevant parties.
- Creates written guidance and hosts learning sessions to educate internal stakeholders about LSC approved internal processes and protocols.
- Monitors web architecture and, in consultation and coordination with the Office of Information Technology, updates and revises website to utilize appropriate technology changes and address issues and concerns.
- Makes recommendations regarding the design of content layout, templates, navigation, and other functionality.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to craft sharp, focused editorial content; sound judgment, unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; initiative and discretion; superior proofreading and editorial skills; sound strategic thinker; capacity for self-management and exceptional attention to detail; demonstrates initiative and is an effective and creative problem-solver; strong and effective organizational and time management skills; adaptable and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting and changing priorities under tight deadlines; ability to handle materials of a confidential and sensitive nature; ability to systematically organize and catalogue data and information; able to work independently, as well as on a team; understanding of and commitment to organizational mission and goals; Identifies and understands trends that affect LSC, its grantees, and their clients.
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of website content management, writing, editing, and graphic design, web design or development experience. Advanced proficiency in relevant computer applications (Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, Final Cut Pro) and publishing software. Experience with social media and use of its various platforms, and mobile web technologies. Knowledge of HTML and experience with content management systems (Drupal). Experience assessing website needs and providing information and assistance to solve problems. Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, mailchimp, youtube, and vimeo. Experience with Tableau preferred. Works with, understands, and able to effectively evaluate relevant technical information.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $73,125 – $82,363
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. An employee must wait two years to advance in Steps 1 through 4. New hires begin at Step 1.
Excellent benefits package.
To apply, submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly by clicking the “Apply for Job” link at the bottom of this page. Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571 or email@example.com.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.