Innovations in Technology Conference 2020: Now Accepting Proposals!
The Legal Services Corporation is now accepting proposals for speakers and workshops for the 2020 Innovations in Technology Conference. The Conference will be held in Portland, Oregon from January 15 to January 17, 2020.
Follow this link to submit a proposal. Proposals are due no later than Wednesday, July 17, 2019. Proposals will be reviewed and notification of acceptance will be sent by September 13, 2019.
Below are some guidelines, but click here for the official guidelines page (which includes a link to create a proposal):
- Audience: 500-600 expected attendees from a diverse background, including legal aid organizations, legal technologists, private attorneys, and law school students, from the U.S. and other countries
- Session Types: 75-minute workshops with up to four presenters, an active audience participation, or a demonstration of technology; 30-minute tactical session with one-to-two presenters; 6-minute rapid-fire style tech talks; or 60-minute roundtable discussions/affinity group meetings
- Presenters and Co-Presenters: Workshops should have no more than four presenters, including any moderator. Proposals with diverse backgrounds and expertise will be more appealing to attendees. Proposals should include contact information and biographies.
- Session Title and Description: Titles should be compelling and convey a general sense of what the session is about. Descriptions should be persuasive, connect with attendees, and be between 100 to 150 words (but no more than 1,200 characters). Include the issue discussed, what the attendees will learn or take away (up to three key take-aways), any lessons learned, and how, if at all, the attendees may participate.
- Topic Areas: One to two topic areas should be selected that best fit the proposal. Topics include IT Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Data (analysis, analytics, governance, etc.), Intake/Triage/Hotlines, Internal Operations, Legal Design/Business Process Management, Mobile (SMS, app/site development, remote delivery), Online Tools, Pro Bono/Private Attorney Involvement, Self-Represented Litigants/Self-Help, and Websites.
Please see the links above for more information. If you have any questions about the conference or session proposals, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you all there!