LSNTAP Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
The Legal Services National Technology Assistance Project (NTAP) helps nonprofit legal aid programs improve client services through effective and innovative use of technology. To do this, we provide technology training, maintain information, create online tools, and host community forums such as the LStech email list.
NTAP is in house at Northwest Justice Project. Northwest Justice Project (NJP) is a not-for-profit organization providing civil legal services to low income persons throughout Washington State.
NJP/NTAP is hiring a part-time Social Media and Outreach Coordinator. The position will work 21 hours per week. It is well suited for a student with an interest in law or recent undergrad who is looking for some experience in the area or someone with a little tech background who is interested moving into public service work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and promote webinars in advance of event; record and moderate webinars live; edit and upload video recordings to the LSNTAP YouTube channel.
- Screen those applying to join the mailing list and provide back end support to keep everything running smoothly.
- Will create content in the form of short blog posts about relevant topics in the news or from the LSNTAP Mailing list. Will also create longer form guides.
- Answer inquiries from the community on how to use technology to server client and improve internal operations.
- NJP has an organizational commitment to fight racism and embrace equity and inclusion in both those we serve and those we employee. All staff are expected to uphold this commitment and approach their role with a desire to learn and grow in this area.
- Prior experience in video production is helpful, but not required. Must be willing to learn if needed
- A legal background and/or an interest in work that serves the public is useful
- Must be tech literate. A solid grounding in technology and a willingness to stay current with the latest tech and how it is relevant to legal aid.
- Ability to explain the concepts and problems of legal aid to people with a technical background and vice versa.
- The ability to break down complex concepts into understandable language is vital.
- More information about LSNTAP is found at: www.LSNTAP.org
- Compensation: Based on experience with salary scale beginning at $22.74 per hour; also includes employer paid benefits and generous time off.
- Hours of Work: Position is scheduled for 21 hours per week with flexibility; regular schedule will be worked out with supervisor after hire.
APPLICATIONS: Email Cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org; include LSNTAP Social Media and Outreach Coordinator in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, indicate why you are interested in this position.
Closing Date: July 22, 2019
NJP is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and fosters an environment free of barriers and discriminatory practices. NJP actively promotes mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork and productivity. NJP is committed to maintaining an organization whose staff, Board and clients are diverse in background, experience, race, color, national origin, gender, age, religious reference, marital status, sexual orientation, sensory, mental or physical abilities, veteran status, and other qualities that strengthen the program while reinforcing its commitment to basic fairness. People of color, people who identify as transgender, lesbian, gay, or bisexual, and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals needing a reasonable accommodation for the application or interview process or for more information about the project should contact Karen Holland at (206) 707-0802.