Kids In Need of Defense (KIND) - Data Manager
Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) is a global leader in the protection of unaccompanied refugee and migrant children. Launched in 2008, KIND champions a world in which every child’s rights and well-being are protected throughout their journey to safety. Since 2008, KIND has accepted over 23,000 referrals of children seeking legal representation in their immigration proceedings. KIND has welcomed more than 41,000 attendees to trainings since its founding, cultivating partnerships with over 670 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations across the country.
KIND’s social services program ensures that migrant and refugee children – who have often endured trauma – receive counseling, educational support, medical care and other comprehensive services.
To address the root causes of child migration from Central America and strengthen protection of unaccompanied children, KIND advocates for policy changes and educates lawmakers, the media, and the broader public on the conditions that drive these children to flee their home countries. KIND supports children returning to their home countries by connecting them to essential support services and sponsors gender-based violence prevention programs in Central America to protect children in countries of origin and transit.
KIND is also building upon its expertise in the protection of unaccompanied children to encourage the development of pro bono initiatives across Europe in partnership with European NGOs.
KIND seeks a full-time Data Manager to assist in the development and implementation of data systems and strategies to support organizational program activities to benefit its local, national, and international work on behalf of immigrant and refugee children. The Data Manager will be a highly detail-oriented person with strong computer skills who is committed to high quality and accurate data entry. They will be able to fully grasp the complexity of data management and possess a strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. The individual will also be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Build and execute efficient processes to enter large amounts of data into online systems
- Work closely with staff to verify data accuracy and completeness
- Ensure data reporting and requests are provided on a timely basis
- Identify and implement administrative process improvements, with an initial priority on saving staff time in Detained Programs
- Train and support staff on data processes
- Analyze and present data to KIND staff and other entities as requested
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and rules regarding subcontract funding
- Conduct research and implementation of software, databases, and other technologies to support the work of staff
- Work with the Senior Director of Data Strategy, the Data Manager, Legal Programs Management, and other staff to develop and implement organizational program strategies
- Strong skills in data management, integrity, and analysis
- Excellent organizational and project management skills as well as attention to detail
- Programming skills with Python, VBA, Selenium, or similar language required; Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required; Proficient in Microsoft Office and Office 365; Experience with SQL, APIs, and Microsoft Power BI preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in data management, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, perform well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines and objectives
- Clear, strong, and effective oral and written communications skills
- Knowledgeable about technology functions and systems administration
- A passion for how superior data collection and analysis can further the execution of KIND’s mission
Please be advised that an employment application will need to be submitted along with your resume and cover letter, in order to be considered for the desired role.
KIND has an organization-wide commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a work environment where everyone has a sense of belonging. Individuals from historically underrepresented or underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.