How to Make and Test Videos (with Limited Time and Money)
If you create print publications to inform your communities about their legal rights and responsibilities, videos can amplify your educational outreach efforts.
Below, you can download a copy of a 10-page Guide called, "How to Make and Test Videos (with Limited Time and Money)."
This guide will help you start making and fieldtesting videos within a few weeks and with minimal cost.
This guide is for you if you work at a legal services organization with limited time and money AND
- You have never made a legal education video OR
- You have made a legal education video, but don’t know how (or even if) it works for your community.
Why make videos?
- Many people learn through visual and moving images, rather than text alone
- Videos can complement your in-person educational outreach events
- Videos posted online counteract misinformation by changing search results
- Videos can connect viewers to your print publications and direct services
Steps to Making and Testing Videos
- Ask your community to suggest a topic.
- Write a script with pictures and movement.
- Create a series of visual images with text.
- Record voice-over narration.
- Edit audio tracks and visual images in an editing program.
- Show the draft video to a community group and listen up!
- Change the video based on the community feedback.
This guide also includes:
- Recommended Resources, Software and Hardware
- Video Guidelines & Test Questions
- Sample Script Template
- Video Starter Pack. Free images you can use in your video.