Remote Work and Remote Legal Services Webinar Recap and Next Steps
On April 2nd, LSNTAP, put on a free 90 minute webinar on how to work remotely and how to provide legal services remotely tha ahd over 330 people attend. The webinar included national and local experts on remote legal services:
- Allison Pau - Executive Director - Montana Legal Services Association
- Anna Steele -Director of Consulting – Just-Tech
- John Greiner - President of Just Tech - Just-Tech
- Esperanza Borboa -Program Director – Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Ailise Delaney - DV Staff Attorney – Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Sarterus Rowe – LSNTAP contracting with Northwest Justice Project
- Liz Keith - Program Director - -ProBono.net
The webinar focused on practical case studies of how remote work starting with Montana which has been doing remote work for years. Allison had great tips including:
"Meet you client where they are
Use the Phone!
Provide Information using Multiple Channels
Consider means to reach people without internet (print colums and radio spots)
The webinar had resources for organizations working to redefine how they do legal work online including. A Remote work guide by Probono,net – highlight how 10 org work with clients remotely. The Management Information Exchange has a Covid-19 Remote work polices and sample management documents page with 30+ articles and policies
ELAP also provided us with a pratical guide on scanning docs with your phone using Office Lens.
We also talked about how to block calls from personal cell phones using *67 and the challenges of blocked calls for the senior community that is often scammed by blocked calls.
Our Next Steps are two fold:
1st: Survey the Community for topics: https://forms.gle/xMupgN86RGWB3jPAA
2nd Schedule Roundtables and Webinars based The next one is already posted, it will be an informal Q&A Discussion, for April, 9th 10am Pacific 1pm Eastern: Register at: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7062912358599844363